We give students the opportunity to learn a variety of jewellery making skills and techniques.
Students will learn
• How to identify the correct tools for their project
• How to correctly use tools
• How to colour match
• How to fine finish a piece of jewellery
Individuals are able to explore their imagination and creativity by using the materials to create their original vision for their project.
Students find these workshops very therapeutic.
Additional information on Hughy Bee
Hughy Bee Academy offers a variety of creative workshops such as Jewellery making, Crafts and Fashion accessories.
These workshops are suitable for all ages and levels of ability from absolute beginners to the more advanced looking to learn a new technique.
Workshops are delivered through various organisations such as: After school clubs, Youth clubs, Charities and Health providers. We also offer independent one on one and group workshops.
Our focus is to support children to learn and develop new skills and to enjoy exploring an exciting range of arts and crafts activities in a relaxed and nurturing environment after school.
Inspiring the child
Each week we will use a range of techniques, tools and materials. The themes are inspired by nature, your school and the children themselves. Activities include painting, drawing, collage, sculpting, crafting and jewellery making.
Delivery of After School activities – Busy Bees programme
• Classes are booked in a minimum of 6 week blocks
• Maximum of 12 children per class
• Busy Bees programme runs term-time only
• Classes will run at the same time each week
• A combination of projects will be used during each term (please ask for more information on fashion accessories / crafting projects)
Jewellery Making projects:
These workshops are designed for Key stage Level 1. Each workshop aims to bring out the creative potential through a learning experience that is interactive and fun. We use a variety of methods and materials including recycling old jewellery. Projects include:
• Recycle re-make